Mediterranean Meno menu: Roasted red peppers with anchovy and cherry tomatoes
This colourful Mediterranean dish is a tasty addition to any menu, you’ll get your dose of essential fatty acids from the anchovy and plenty of health vitamins from the peppers and tomatoes.
It may sound like a long time in cooking, yet it's one of those dished you can pop in the oven whilst you get on with other things.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 4 red peppers cut in half and deseeded
- 50g can of anchovy in oil, drained
- 8 large cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- Handful of basil leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper
- Heat the oven to 140C fan. Put the peppers into a large oven proof dish, drizzle with a little oil from the anchovy can and toss, then turn the cut side up. Grind with black pepper. Roast for 40 minutes, until soft but not collapsed.
- Slice 8 of the anchovies along their length. Put 2 halves of tomato, several garlic slices, a few torn basil leaves and two anchovies into the hollow of each pepper. Drizzle over the olive oil and another grind of pepper, then roast again for 30 minutes until the tomatoes are soft and the peppers are filled with pools of tasty juice.
- Leave to cool and serve either warm or at room temperature with a few basil leaves sprinkled on top.