SMASH'ing Diet: The ultimate smoked mackerel pâté
There’s no better way to get your omega-3 quota than through this dandy of the sea, the slick little mackerel.
For the doubters out there who find it too fishy, this easy to make pâté may change your mind.
Try it on whole grain toast or rye bread, with a few pickles and some peppery watercress salad.
Prep time: 12 minutes
- 3 hot smoked mackerel fillets
- 150g cream cheese
- 100g crème fraiche
- 3 tsp freshly grated horseradish
- Lemon, to squeeze
- 2tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Skin the mackerel fillets and do a quick check for any bones. Flake three quarters into a food processor with the cheese, crème fraiche and horseradish and blitz until smooth.
- Add a good grinding of black pepper, and lemon juice to taste, then fold through the chives and the remaining fish. Serve with whole grain toast, rye bread, or sour dough.