What to avoid to help with irregular, erratic or heavy periods
Lifestyle triggers for irregular periods
Periods are guaranteed to come to an end as hormones and eggs run low. Lifestyles can impact on periods, so avoid:
- Drinking too much (alcohol can play havoc with hormones, making cycles longer).
- Smoking (smokers may have shorter, more irregular cycles than non-smokers).
- Excessive exercise (body perceives excessive exercise as stress which affects hormone production).
- Stress (can throw hormones out of whack, stopping periods, so find your own stress busting activity).
- Significant changes to weight (both loss and gain have an impact on ovulation).